Monday, January 12, 2009

Introducing.... Fabric Scrap Flopsy !!

My second attempt at my idea for using up fabric scraps definitely worked much better than the first - the trick is don't bother trying to sew round things (I can never get them smooth enough), just go square !!

So here it is - the affectionately named "Flopsy" :



In case you are wondering exactly what it is, I found it actually has a few different purposes. The main idea at the start was to make a toy with lots of floppy, taggy things as my 21-month-old son still loves playing with and holding tags, especially when going to sleep. However, I thought it would also be a great pin cushion as you could also keep your needles on the little floppy bits.


And thirdly, it actually makes quite a good frisbee !

Let me know what you think and do you think I should make some to sell ? If so, what should I actually market them as?

3 comments:

bubbachenille said...

absolutely you should make some to sell,,how about making them also with rice stuffed in hard for pincushions. A great idea for the bub too. Not sure about the frisbee!

Kawaii for You said...

Yes, unfortunately I don't think the frisbee idea will take off but I was wondering what to put inside for a pin cushion - thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea. Love the name in particular.

You could stuff it with cherry pit stones and use as a heating pad. It also sounds nice and crunchy for a baby to play with. But where to get those cherry pit stones...

:) Diane

ps. Here! http://www.cherrypitstore.com/