Friday, January 23, 2009

Time for the annual Holiday...

On the weekend we're off to Northern NSW for our annual beach holiday so this will be my last post for a couple of weeks. We're really looking forward to it as Hubby has been pretty much working 7 days a week for the last few months - so it will definitely be a hard earned break. Here's a couple of pics from last year:




We go away with my family and a couple of other families so it's always lots of fun with swimming at the beach, swimming and playing in the river, ice cream, food, drinkies (probably way too many!!) and lots of laughs.

But seeing as the girls start Kindy (Pre-Prep) when we get back I thought I'd better check the list of what they need. Backpacks - check, lunch containers - check, sheet sets for nap - not yet, hats - check, drink bottles - check, library bags - not yet.

So I'm ready with most things and I've still got plenty of the girls cot sheets around so they will be perfect for their sheet sets - I'll just use the pillowcases as the sheet bag and add a strap and maybe a pretty ribbon to make them a bit nicer.

Then for the Library bags I thought I might try making some and finally use some of that gorgeous Oilily fabric I bought recently.

So here they are - I'm really happy with the way they turned out and the girls love them. Although I did their names in glitter glue so I'm not sure if it will stay on but if not I'll just scrape it off and use some proper fabric puffy glue or something. (Sorry for the bad photos but I'm in a hurry)



Ciao to you all and can't wait to catch up on everyone's blogs when I return (I'm sooooo getting addicted !!).

3 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

Hope you have the most marvellous holiday - the children are certainly ready to go! I love the library bags. Oilily is one of my favourites, so you had me won from the beginning.

bubbachenille said...

Happy Holidays, I'm getting addicted too!!

Bec said...

Hope you're having a wonderful holiday as I type this!! My boy Lee also starts Kindy this year, so I've been doing all the same things with making sheet sets, labeling everything (isn't that a pain!!!) and worrying that I've forgotten something important :P
But he had his first day this week and loved it!!!
Hope your girls enjoy their foray into the world of Kindy too!!! Cheers, Bec