Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthday Parties coming up....

I haven't been doing much sewing or S & C show preparations this week as my little boy turns two this Sunday. The twins have asked me every morning this week if it's Harry's birthday yet !! As usual I don't really feel like I'm getting anywhere but I did get the party bags ready to go:



Lots to do tomorrow and tomorrow night to get everything ready. At least I've done most of the party food shopping already.

Then on Tuesday we have a birthday party down the coast for a little girl who is also turning two. I didn't know what to get her so I decided to make her this little play cooking apron with matching oven mitts. I just love this Mod Birds fabric and have been waiting to use it for something.


I made it reversible so the back has these funky circles.




I'm going to try to get a little kiddies cooking set to go with it - I guess I'll be going to the shops on Monday. Our only day of the week we "usually" get to stay at home.

5 comments:

Bel said...

That's such a cute little kitchen set, I am sure its going to be a very well loved present
Bel xx
p.s Happy 2nd Birthday to Harry to, those party bags are super cute :)

Unknown said...

cute party bags ... my mum used to do that, we had the coolest 'handmade' parties on the street ... she even made party hats - little paper cones she painted one time ... hope Harry has a hoot

Unknown said...

How cool did they turn out ... better than you described! Hey maybe you can throw in a box of muffin or scone mix too! Bet her mum will love that! That fabric is so cute ...

Unknown said...

oh and Happy Birthday to Harry!

Hot Fudge said...

Having two little two-year-old grandchildren, I know what a cute age it is. Happy birthday to Harry; and I know the recipient of the kitchen set will be over the moon - I would be!