Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm so lucky....

I had the pleasure of spending a few hours yesterday with some of the fabulous ladies from BrisStyle. We had a lunch catchup to coincide with the 1st BrisStyle Anniversary - it started off with half a dozen like-minded crafty types and there are now 60 members !! Catherine from Made by Maisie organised a craft swap so we all set about making/creating a gift to do as a lucky dip swap.

I wrapped mine up in a fat quarter of fabric and tied some ricrac around it for some extra value and I can now reveal what I made.

This funky Citrus tea towel apron:



and also this double sided pin cushion:



Jade from Beckybean received my gifts and I hope she likes them. She'll definitely be able to put the pin cushion to good use making all of those fantastic handbags with her sister Bec. Check out their amazing creations for yourself.

Now onto the wonderful gift I received. Tracy from Hey Harriett put together this fantastic package:


How cute is that little Peace magnet and I just love the mini painted bird canvas - I think my daughters have claimed that one already !!


Below is a set of fantastic TTv photos. I was actually having a look at them just last week so it's pretty cool that I now have some of my own - if you want to see more visit Hey Harriett's Etsy shop. Now I just need to find a way to display them...


By the way, if you are wondering what TTv is (I had to look it up myself when I first heard it) it stands for Through the Viewfinder and the photos are taken through the viewfinder of one camera, with another camera.

Anyway, thanks to all the BrisStylettes for a fabulous day yesterday. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet/chat to everyone.

7 comments:

bubbachenille said...

Gorgeous gifts...Jade I'm green with envy!

Unknown said...

I love that tea towel apron ... how cool ... also LOVE big love the Hey Harriet pack ... how fantastic are the TtV shots!

Ali said...

I was wondering who made Jade's lovely citrus-y apron! Lovely.
And great lucky dip goodies from Hey Harriet (love her TtV shots)

littlechrissy said...

Beautiful gifts all round. Similarly I'm pleased I now know who made the apron we were coo-ing over.

Sheree said...

great gifts...the apron is adorable!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Those TTv shots are amazing. I'm going to check out the Etsy shop right now.

Love your fab apron too.

Hey Harriet said...

That apron is so very cool! Love the gifts you made. Lucky Jade! And I'm really happy that you liked what you received from me. I'm so glad they've gone to a good home. Thanks heaps for the nice plug too! :D

It was a lovely day!