Saturday, May 2, 2009

Four days down, only one to go.... boo hoo...

Well, I can't believe the Stitches and Craft show has nearly come to a close... I have never met so many friendly and talented people. Those in the other incubator stands and many shoppers and customers too.

I met a lovely lady on Thursday, Lyn, who was telling me all about the sewing she used to do for her kids as well as some magazines. She is now part of the Australian Sewing Guild and I believe she is on their committee and still does a lot of sewing, teaching etc.

Anyway, she dropped back in late on Friday with a whole bunch of old Enid Gilchrist kids pattern books from the 60's and 70's (possibly earlier) and although I haven't had a good look through yet, there are some fantastic patterns there. When I get a chance to take some photo's in the daylight I'll post some more about it.


In the mean time, here's a few more of the fabulous Incubator stall holders at the show:

my stall neighbour Kristina from Old Yarns Reclaimed Linens who uses reclaimed materials such as linen, damask, hemp etc and turns them into beautiful pillowcases, table clothes, napkins etc



Trish and Alan, also members of BrisStyle, from Trishalan Designs, who create and sell Hand Dyed fabrics, threads and lots of other pieces



the lovely Helen, one of the BrisStyle organisers, from Ruby 2 Go Go who makes lots of jewellery, most with recycled materials




Thea from Thea and Sami. She makes the most gorgeous hand screen-printed fabrics and homewears and also runs screen-printing workshops at Capalaba. Click here for her website.



Lou from Made by Miffy who makes gorgeous kids clothes and has just bought out her very own apron pattern. She's been busy doing craft labs at the show - one for apron making and another for her cute no-sew flowers


Well, that's it for me as I need to get some sleep before the last day of the show tomorrow. I've got my Mum coming in for the day so I can have a good look around - and so she can too !!

I'll be back with my final "show" post in a couple of days... and I'll also be updating my Markets Online and Etsy stores so there'll be lots of new stuff there too.

6 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

Hi Christine. I love your post - what a kind woman to go to the trouble to bring in those vintage patterns for you. It was great to catch up with you on Friday - your incubator is wonderful. Good luck for your last day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a lovely stall and so many lovely things for sale. It was so good to catch up and chat with you.

Remember, the red top in adult size, I would buy immediately.

x Catherine

Unknown said...

looks like a great show ... great pics thanks for posting !!

oldyarns. said...

Thanks again for being such a lovely neighbour for the show, hope the toy box was able to be fixed!

Betty Jo said...

Thanks for letting me know about the Betty Jo sightings!
I'm glad you loved doing the incubator. I found it to be such a brilliant experience, but sooo tiring.
Maybe next year I'll make it up to Brissy xxLiz

Tracy said...

Congratulations on acquiring some Enids :D come and visit my enid blog and see my collection :)
http://inspiredbyenid.blogspot.com