Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Only 1 week to go....

Well, this time next week I'll be at the Stitches and Craft show here in Brisbane. It will be the first of what no doubt will be five tiring yet very exciting days.


I've got my stall setup sorted out and will be there on Tuesday to get it all ready. I won't spoil it by showing you any pics yet as it just doesn't look the same in my lounge room as I'm hoping the real thing will. Here's a couple more Snigglebottom's just about ready to go though (just need their little ribbon belts).

(Iggle, Jynessa and Scotty Snigglebottom)

My only hiccup is a very frustrating encounter with an online fabric shop in the US. I received an email on 4th April advising my fabric order had been shipped. I was getting worried that I hadn't received it so I chased them up yesterday and got a reply that they don't know what happened but it was only just posted out on Monday !!!

The order was for quite a bit of fabric and I was going to make a few more dresses for the collection but a lot of it was for my DIY skirt kits that I'm putting together for the show. If only they had told me of their mistake, I would have had them send it some way that would get here quicker. Let's just hope it at least arrives next week !!

Anyway, here's just a little example of good and bad customer service that I have experienced recently:


Example 1: BAD - you know the story from above so basically they forgot to post my order; didn't bother to let me know; received a weak apology after I chased them up and nothing else. Actually the word sorry wasn't even mentioned, only "we are not sure what happened but it's on its way" - gee thanks !!


Example 2: EXCELLENT - I made a fabric purchase from another online fabric store based in the US a while back and once received I went through it all and noticed there was one part of the order missing. Just 2 yards of a particular fabric. I emailed them to advise them and would have been happy with a refund for that 2 yards. But not only did they post that 2 yards to me at their own expense but they also offered me a 30% discount off my next order.

We all know which shop I "won't" be going back to....

Anyway, it's a beautiful day here in sunny Brisbane and I have a 2 year old asleep and two 4 year olds about to have rest time, so I might head outside for a quite cuppa before getting into some more sewing and show preparation....

5 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh your prep is coming along very nicely - even with a few hiccups Chris! Can't wait to see it all come together next week.

xh

PaisleyJade said...

Wish I lived in Brissy... hope all goes well.

Trish Goodfield said...

These things are meant to try us. Don't panic yet. See you next week

bubbachenille said...

It will all be OK don't worry, I feel your pain though. I am waiting for an order simply to be confirmed from a big, well known Aussie Habby company and it's very frustrating...See you at the Stitches and Craft show, cant wait !

Honey Bunch Designs said...

I hope your order arrives in time! I will be at the S&C on thursday next week, can't wait!