Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stitches and Craft Update

I just realised that once Easter is over next week, it's only two weeks until the Stitches and Craft show. I could add a few of these right now, **** ****, but I'm trying to stay calm.

I'm struggling to stay on one line of thought - I'll be busy sewing and then I'll think of something great for my stall and all of a sudden I'm on the computer for 40 minutes trying to find what I'm after... concentrate, concentrate !!

Anyway, I've been trying to get the dress stocks back up so at least my clothes rack is full;


I'm also constantly working out how I'm going to set my stall up so that I can actually fit people in - it's only 2m x 2m so quite a challenge. I'm going to put some masking tape down on the loungeroom floor soon so I can "see" the space instead of just imagining it.

I'll have my clothes rack so don't really think I'll be able to fit a table in too, so was thinking I could pilfer from the kids.

This toy box can be my storage as well as a seat:


and this bookcase will be great as a display and also to have things sitting on top:


What I'd really love is one of these ladder shelves:


anyone have one I could borrow for a week ??? or seen a cheap one for sale ???

I've also just found something that I think will look really great on the walls but I'm not going to give that away just yet...

(P.S. If anyone read this post this morning and wondered where my photos were, it's because I didn't actually mean to post it - just realised when I can back to it that it wasn't a draft as I thought... see what's happening to me!!).

4 comments:

bubbachenille said...

I know your anguish ! Every time I went to a market (usually 3m X 3m ) I would set my stall up differently, until one day it all came together how I thought it should be, the basics stay the same ,the stock gets rearranged depending what my fave item is on that particular day.
I wish you all the best for the Stitches and Craft, hope you have the best time ever and sell heaps too !

Hot Fudge said...

Don't stress - you will be great. I love your ideas for setting up your space. I wouldn't know where to begin. All the best for the show and have a happy and relaxing Easter.

Bec said...

Oh you poor thing - my brain is like that at the best of times so I can imagine how full-on it must be preparing for such a huge event. I can't wait to see your stall. I'm SO excited for you :D
Cheers, Bec XX

Le said...

hello there - good luck with the big day - your divine items will sell themselves ...

I have finally done my wee thankyou post for the March give-away that I won - my apologies for the delay - easter and all !!

hope yours way a happy one - le